What Thriving Physical Well-Being looks like is a woman who has the freedom to do what she wants to do because she is free of physical discomfort. She has enough energy throughout the day and does not feel the need to “take the edge off” with unhealthy activities. She makes good dietary, exercise and health management choices and is not in competition with her future self (the woman she wants to look like someday.) She feels positive about how she looks and is comfortable in her own skin.
Interesting ideas about Physical Well-Being:
- We are frequently in constant battle with our present self and future self (if I eat the cookie now, how will I feel later?)
- We are always making small choices throughout the day that impact our physical well-being
- Food is Mood – chemicals impact our emotionns
- 20 min of exercise per day can boost your positive emotions
- Getting sleep/naps/rest is physical THRIVE
Source: Rath, T. & Harter, J. (2010). Well Being: The Five Essential Elements. New York: Gallup Press.